I’ve recently discovered the wonderful world of blogging, and really want to play! Working from home can be an isolating thing, and it seems like the blogosphere is a great community that I hope to be a part of.
A bit about me:
- I’m 47 (what!!!! when did that happen??!!).
- Married to John, a very patient man who is 9 years my junior, but soooo much older than me.
- Mother to Bella, a beautiful 9-year-old who, when she was little, couldn’t decide if her career was going to be as a policeman, a princess or a tree. But, has since decided it will be either as an artist, photographer or lolly shop owner. Also regularly referred to in our house as Dramatica.
- An unrealistic optimist: I honestly believe in my heart, that anything is possible. If it’s something I want to achieve, I’ll give it a go, and always think until the last possible minute, that it’s going to work. I really feel that I get something out of each try….so nothing’s a waste.
- I love a good adjective, so expect lots of gorgeous, fabulous and lovely.
- Lists are my best friend and I can never have too many Post-its around.
- Adopted mum to Ruby, a 3-legged cat who has been a part of our family since she could fit in the palm of my hand. She’s an old lady now, but still thinks she’s a kitten….ignorance is bliss.
- I work from home, designing and making jewellery, which I sell in my online store Zen Designs.
- Things I love: my gorgeous family, coffee, the colour green, reading a magazine in a coffee shop by myself, inspirational stories of success, newspapers, writing with pen & paper, singing loudly while I drive, driving, sunrise, living by the ocean, having conversations with my cat, reading recipe books (not cooking), black & white photos, Spring, reality TV (please don’t judge me), reggae music, a fresh pedicure, chocolate anything (have even unashamedly eaten cooking chocolate), a challenge….
I really hope that I have some things to say that you may find interesting, and would love all of your feedback, the good the bad and the hopefully not too ugly.